Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Fire and Ice

First day in Iceland...
I planned this trip in December 2012, when my brilliant friend - Armina Ilea (brilliantforbrunch.com) told me that I should visit her and so, visit Iceland...and the idea smiled to me and I started planning it. And at the end of February 2013, after surviving the end of the world, I landed on this wonderful island.
Of course, I asked Armina if Iceland is a windy country and her answer was... "No, it is a really nice weather, no wind and not very cold." Yeah, sure...
When I arrived in Reykjavik, it was sooo windy and raining...but we still went for a walk, just to see how I can get around the small city. And I was quite impressed from the first day... Here are some photos from my first day in Iceland/Reykjavik:
               The haunted house...its story in a future post!

                Yes, so you can see that it was raining and it was windy... :)


                A stylized viking ship...with a great sky of FIRE & ICE... I was amazed!!!

                                 Harpa - the concert hall

 The main street:



We came back when it was dark and I've waited for the Northern Lights to appear but there was nothing...
The South Shore Adventure was waiting for me the next day... :)

1 comment:

  1. big likee :),hmm...haunted house...sounds intersting :)

    ReplyDelete